Welcome To Davenshire Medical Center
Thank you for choosing us as your primary care physicians. We believe that the patient and physician relationship is built on mutual respect and trust. Our physicians and staff strive to maintain high standards for a confidential and lasting relationship with each individual patient. Our doctors are affiliated with both York and Memorial Hospital, giving our patients the fastest care when sending for tests or referring to a specialist in the area. We are eager to assist in any patient’s care and we encourage our patients to ask questions or address concerns. Our office is dedicated to providing the best possible care for our patients and we look forward to building lasting relationships with all of our new patients as well!
With our office, there is no need for urgent care facilities that have extensive wait times. Each day we offer same day appointments with our board certified physicians.
Interested in becoming a new patient?
Please print out our new patient packet and complete it. Once completed, please return the packet to our office via drop off, email, fax, or mail. Once we have all of your information entered into our system, you may schedule a new patient appointment. You can find our new patient packet on our “Forms/Documents” page.
Appointments are scheduled during the following office hours:
Monday 8:00am – 7:30pm
Tuesday 7:00am – 7:30pm
Wednesday 8:00am – 7:30pm
Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
We are now Certified as a Level Two Patient-Centered Medical Home!
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
Becoming a patient at Davenshire Medical Center means much more than just seeing a new physician. When the decision has been made to be seen at Davenshire Medical Center, you are joining into a medical home and will gain the new relationship with your provider that is honest and respectful. A patient-centered medical home is a team based approach to healthcare. This means that providers and patients are playing an active role in the care. Patients are able to have more responsibilities in the roles of their health needs. The medical home also provides and coordinates care to meet the patient’s needs. In order to become a part of the medical home, we ask that our new patient paperwork be completed and returned to our office. Patients are encouraged to thoroughly review all information regarding our office and providers. All information is available in our new patient packet, brochures, or on our website. Once we have received the paperwork from a new patient, we will create an electronic account and attempt to obtain all old records before scheduling an appointment. This process allows our office to be able to provide the best care during the first visit and any visit in the future. After becoming established with our practice, patients are then a part of the medical home.
Our responsibilities in the medical home:
- Listen to your questions and concerns
- Explain treatment, diagnosis info, and results in an easily understood manor
- Provide instruction on accessing care during and after hours
- Provide same day appointments whenever possible
- Arrange all components of healthcare, such as referring to quality specialists and scheduling necessary testing at trusted facilities
- To be sure patients have a clear understanding of goals and treatment before ending an appointment
Patient responsibilities in the medical home:
- Ask questions about your healthcare and treatment plan
- Provide truthful, current information, as well as honest history
- Play an active role in your well being
- Call our office as the first point of contact for healthcare needs, except in a true medical emergency.
- Inform us if you have used any other health system, such as an ER, urgent care, or specialist office
- Keep scheduled appointments
- Have a clear understanding of your healthcare goals, treatment, diagnosis, and goal achievement process before leaving an appointment